Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Childish

“I tell you the truth,
anyone who will not receive
the kingdom of God
like a little child
will never enter it,”
Luke 18:17




I've been trying to identify, define, understand this specific aliveness that's come over me lately...

Lately I just don’t want to buy pre-opened nuts. I want to bust open pecans and walnuts and wonder over the designs inside.
Lately I want to rejoice over the brilliance in ribosomes and the endoplasmic reticulum.
Lately I want to sit on my knees and gaze at the sunrise and I want to look at cells under a microscope--utterly captivated--like it’s the best scene of a movie.
Lately I want to compare the infinitesimal size of those same cells to myself-- marveling over how small I must be in His hands.
Lately I want to go on a Daddy-daughter date night with my Father and dance the night away.
Lately I want to greet Him with "Goodmorning," when I wake up, and a close the day with a "Goodnight," as I fall into sleep.
Lately I don’t want to run on the sidewalk or a path, I want to run through the grass with no destination.
Lately I want to hold His hand in worship and tug on His sleeve in prayer.
Lately I don’t want to journal--I want to write Him letters.
Lately I just want to make God smile.

It might sound childish.
But lately,
I feel like that’s love.

No comments:

Post a Comment